Lazarus is a Delphi compatible cross-platform IDE for Free Pascal. It includes LCL which is more or less compatible with Delphi’s VCL. Free Pascal is a GPL’ed compiler that runs on Linux, Win32, OS/2, 68K and more. Free Pascal is designed to be able to understand and compile Delphi syntax, which is OOP.
Lazarus 64 bit is the part of the missing puzzle that will allow you to develop Delphi like programs in all of the above platforms. Unlike Java which strives to be a write once run anywhere, Lazarus and Free Pascal strives for write once compile anywhere. Since the exact same compiler is available on all of the above platforms it means you don’t need to do any recoding to produce identical products for different platforms.
The app is being developed to be totally and completely API independent. Once you write your code you just link it against the API widget set of your choice. If you want to use GTK+, great! If you want it to be Gnome compliant, great! As long as the interface code for the widget set you want to use is available you can link to it. If it isn’t available, well you can write it.
- Installer, with all required files available
- Easy Drag & Drop Form designer to create powerful layouts
- Automatic synchronization between GUI-Forms and code
- Powerful code editor with syntax highlighting and code completion
- Navigate pascal source code
- Refactoring tools
- Integrated build system and debugger. Run, test and debug your projects from the IDE
- Open Source. You can add or modify existing code and components to meet your requirements
- Package system allows to install 3rd party add ons for more components or to extend the IDE
- Several database frameworks to meet your requirements
- Reporting and Charting
- A choice of Networking libraries available.
- Utf8 and i18n support. Translate your projects.
- Many more components. Build in and for download