|Total Downloads:||19 Views|
The NEC SuperScript 950C is a color inkjet printer that was produced by NEC Corporation. It was designed for personal and small office use, offering color printing capabilities and relatively high-quality output for its time. The printer falls under the category of consumer inkjet printers and was released in the late 1990s.
Here are some key details about the NEC SuperScript 950C:
1. **Printing Technology:** The SuperScript 950C used inkjet printing technology to produce color and black-and-white prints. Inkjet printers work by spraying tiny droplets of ink onto paper to create text and images.
2. **Color Printing:** One of the notable features of the SuperScript 950C was its ability to print in color. This made it suitable for producing documents with color graphics, images, and charts.
3. **Resolution:** The printer offered a relatively high resolution for its time, capable of producing output at a maximum resolution of up to 600 x 600 dots per inch (dpi).
4. **Speed:** The printing speed of the SuperScript 950C was competitive for its era, though specific speed details might vary depending on the print settings and complexity of the document.
5. **Connectivity:** The printer likely featured standard connectivity options for its time, such as a parallel port or possibly a USB port. This allowed it to be connected to computers for printing.
6. **Compatibility:** The printer would have been compatible with various versions of Windows and possibly other operating systems prevalent during its release.
7. **Media Handling:** Like many inkjet printers, the SuperScript 950C would have been able to handle a variety of paper sizes and types, including standard letter and legal sizes, envelopes, and photo paper.
8. **Software:** The printer likely came with driver software that needed to be installed on a computer for proper operation. The driver software facilitated communication between the computer and the printer.
9. **Legacy Status:** Due to its release in the late 1990s, the NEC SuperScript 950C is considered an older printer model and might not be widely available or supported today. Replacement ink cartridges and driver updates might be limited.
As with any older technology, if you still have a NEC SuperScript 950C printer or are considering purchasing one for vintage computing purposes, it’s important to note that its compatibility with modern operating systems and availability of supplies might be limited.